Tuesday, October 9, 2012

When. Not If

Dear friends, thank you to those who are sharing with me.  My heart aches knowing that so many of you are struggling to love your child(ren).  Know that you are NOT alone!  Please do not give up.

Today I am praying for you from Isaiah 43. Verses 1 - 3:

But now thus says the Lord,
He who created you,
He who formed you,
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When
(not if) you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when
(not if) you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.


No matter how you feel, if you're like I was a few months ago and it seems like God has abandoned you, HE HASN'T! Verse 4 says that you are precious in His sight, and honored, and He loves you!  God is not caught by surprise by your suffering.  He has called you to this ridiculously hard task, and He has not left you alone to fend for yourself. He is WITH YOU through these rough waters, keeping you afloat. He is WITH YOU through these strong rivers, keeping you from drifting away. He is WITH YOU as you walk through the fire. He is refining each of us. And it is a hard, painful process sometimes. Remember that the flames WILL NOT CONSUME YOU!  Fear not.  The Lord IS with you!

HE HAS THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment