Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Nothing

Have you read Romans 8 lately?  If not, I encourage you to find 10 minutes today, sit down, take a deep breath and read it.  You won't regret it.  I've read through Romans 8 a few times this morning and prayed much of it over you, friends.  Romans 8 is full of LIFE and HOPE.  It's full of REDEMPTION and PROMISE.  And so much LOVE.

Today I pray that you will each KNOW that NOTHING can separate you from God's love.  You may have said or done things yesterday (or just now) that you regret.  You may feel unlovable and ashamed.  You may feel unworthy and hopeless.  I pray that you will find hope in this:

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?  As it is written, 

"For your sake we are being killed all the day long; 
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."  

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Do you ever feel as though you're 'being killed all the day long' or is it just me?  Do you ever feel like you're regarded as a sheep to be slaughtered?  I am so thankful for the next words...we are more than conquerors.  The note in my study bible says, "means to over-conquer, to conquer completely, without any real threat to personal life or death."  Praise God!  And look at all those 'nors', friends.  I personally love 'nor anything else.'  That covers all the bases, don't you think?  Nothing NOTHING nothing can separate me or you from God's love.  Nothing.

In the words of John Piper, "Not only can we not be separated from the love that Christ has for us, but that love is so powerfully for us, at all times, that it turns every circumstance into a triumph."  In ALL these things, we MORE THAN conquer through Him who loves us.  I pray that you will grasp this...and that it will grasp you today.  Go read Romans 8.  Trust me.

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Romans 8 is every adoptive parents prayer for their children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Thank you for sharing from the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea that I can OVERCONQUER through the Spirit in me! Love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So incredibly thankful for the TRUTH in Romans 8! It has given me great hope through season of tribulation. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete