Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weary?

"I am weary, O God; I am weary, O God, and worn out."  Proverbs 30:1

I know many of you are weary. Sometimes it's exhausting trying to figure out our new kids. Happy has been home almost 16 months and I'm just now starting to feel like I know her.  I don't know about you, but it seems like I'm always trying to solve a problem. Our minds don't stop. Tantrums, aggressiveness, control issues, grief issues, food issues, poop issues, school issues, sibling issues, attachment issues, not to mention the special needs issues. The list goes on; it never seems to end. And it is tiring! I am still longing for the day that Prince and I don't spend an hour after Happy goes to bed discussing what to do about this or how to help her with that. Will that day ever come? I don't know, but I do know this:

HE will satisfy my weary soul, and EVERY languishing soul HE will replenish.  Jeremiah 31:25

We have each been assigned a 'field', if you will. The harvest may not look too good right now, but Galatians 6:9 says, "Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we DO NOT GIVE UP."

Our longing for rest, refreshment and renewal is a God-given one that He promises to fulfill.

Today, I am praying 2 Thessalonians 3:13 for you: "As for you, {friends}, do not weary in doing good". 

Remember Jeremiah 31:16 - "Thus says the Lord: “Keep your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for there is a reward for your work, declares the Lord."

(If you find yourself needing more encouragement in your weariness, I highly recommend this book.)

Don't give up, friends!

Love,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for today's post, Amy! I find myself absolutely exhausted and stretched to the limits in dealing with my kiddos. And yet, I still hearing God reminding me of the promise that He gave me when we began the process to adopt Matthew "he will be your greatest joy." I am praying for the day that this promise comes to fruition. But, thank you for speaking words that echo my heart and understanding the difficulties.

    ReplyDelete