Friday, October 5, 2012

Battle

It's so fitting that God has chosen this for me to pray for you today.  This blog went live just over 2 weeks ago.  To say we've had spiritual warfare going on is an understatement.  I knew the enemy was NOT going to like this blog, and I KNEW he was going to attack me/us.  I just didn't how he planned to do it.  Leave it to him to be totally uncreative and use old tactics.

Anyway today I am praying Ephesians 6:10 - 12 for you.


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against  he rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Our first 6 months home, it seemed like Happy was the enemy and we were constantly at war. I remember that feeling well.  But let me remind you...you are not at war with your child. Your child is not the enemy. The enemy is the enemy, and you are at war with him. The prince of darkness. The father of lies. I know for some, the battle rages during the adoption process.  The enemy wants nothing more than to stop people from adopting.  If he can discourage families early on and get them to give up, then his job is that much easier.  If that is you right now, I can only say PRESS ON!  FIGHT!

But I know many of us struggle in the after.  After the homecoming celebration and after the meals stop coming and after the honeymoon (if you get one).  I remember when I was deep in the pit...I told a friend that it was like Satan was beating me up and I was just too tired to care. Too weary to fight back. I am praying today that God will strengthen each of you and give you the power to fight back. Fight, friends. It's a dark, fierce, spiritual battle and we're in the thick of it. But it IS a battle worth fighting.  I promise.


Thus says the Lord to you, ‘Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's. 2 Chronicles 20:15

With us is the Lord our God, to help us and to fight our battles. 2 Chronicles 32:8

Who is this King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, mighty in battle! Psalm 24:8



No comments:

Post a Comment