Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday's Music

I heard from so many of you this past week who are feeling like God has abandoned you on this journey.  Oh friends, I remember so well those thoughts and feelings.  I wish so desperately that I could hug you and cry with you.  If I could, I would hand you a box of Kleenex and a big bag of M & M's.  I would look you straight in the eye and tell you that you. are. not. alone.  Please, please, PLEASE hear me.  You are NOT alone.  Ever.  Please listen to this song today.  If you're like me when I was in the pit, I know you don't want to hear it right now.  I know you don't believe it.  But PLEASE play this song. Listen to the words.  Not for a moment, friends.  Not for a moment did He forsake you.

It is the Lord who goes before you.  He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you.  Do not fear or be dismayed.  Deuteronomy 31:8

For the Lord will not forsake His people; He will not abandon His heritage.  Psalm 94:14

And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them.  I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground.  These are the things I do,  and I do not forsake them.  Isaiah 42:16

 

No comments:

Post a Comment